Safety Skills Class: CPR/First Aid – Spanish
Why Should You Take This First Aid/CPR/AED Course?
First Aid/CPR/AED courses cover basic first aid training, the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). This live class helps employers meet OSHA and other Federal and State requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work.
To successfully complete this course, participants will perform adult CPR, use the AED in real-life scenarios, perform a patient assessment, perform bleeding control, splinting, bandaging.
Each student receives a certification card good for two years upon completion of the course.
Instructor: Michelle Bonnett
8:30am to 12:30pm
Approved for 5 CE credits. Class begins at 8:30am and concludes at 2:00 p.m.
Topics To Be Covered Include:
- Introduction to CPR
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Checking an Unconscious Person
- Recognizing and Caring for Cardiac Emergencies
- CPR (Compressions and Breaths)
- Using an AED
- Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Breathing Emergencies
- Recognizing and Caring for Shock
- Recognizing and Caring for Seizures and Stroke
- Heat and Cold Related Emergencies
- Basic First Aid
- Diabetes and Allergic reaction care
- Bone, tissue, and spinal injury car